Chevrolet has been producing high-quality, multifunctional trucks for more than 100 years and this centennial truck is designed to give you exactly what you want. To honor the drivers that have been our toughest audience and best teachers, the 2019 Silverado is here to out-do every expectation you have about what to expect from your typical Chevy truck. There are more details, smarter features, and advanced tech that’s meant to make your drive easier and more enjoyable. Take a look at what’s to come on the all-new Silverado 1500 and then stop by to test drive any of our in-stock models!
“With the all-new Silverado, we’ve taken the best truck on the road and made it even better,” said Mark Reuss, General Motors executive vice president of Global Product Development, Purchasing and Supply Chain. “It has a longer wheelbase, more passenger and cargo volume, and yet, thanks to our mixed materials strategy and mass reduction expertise, the new truck is 450 pounds lighter than the current model.”
The 2019 Silverado will be available with six engine/transmission combinations, giving you more exciting combinations of performance, efficiency, and value to match your needs. This includes new 5.3-liter and 6.2-liter V8s with industry-first Dynamic Fuel Management that actively shuts off any number of cylinders, in a variety of combinations, depending on immediate needs to optimize fuel economy. The result of this industry-first technology is instant power when called for, and impressive efficiency that lets you go longer between fill-ups.
The Silverado 1500 will also be available with an all-new Duramax 3.0-liter inline-six turbo-diesel. Chevrolet offers diesel engines in more segments and models than any other brand, including Equinox, Cruze, Colorado, Express, Silverado 1500, Silverado HD, and upcoming Silverado medium-duty models. Both the 3.0-liter diesel and 6.2-liter engines are paired with a new Hydra-Matic ten-speed automatic transmission as well as start/stop technology to improve fuel economy for optimum performance and efficiency. Towing and hauling never seemed so easy.
But a quality truck is more than just what’s under the hood – it’s about the experience it creates every time you get behind the wheel. After listening to what you, the drivers, need most out of your new truck, the design team added three new trims to help you get exactly the truck you want. You can expect all the same impressive craftsmanship from your classic Silverado pickups with a focus on details that distinguish each one’s unique functionality. Below is a quick breakdown of all eight available trims, but the best way to know which one is right for you is to drive one and see how it feels.
- Work Truck features “CHEVROLET” graphic across the grille and tailgate, blacked-out trim and 17-inch steel wheels for maximum durability. The interior features durable vinyl or cloth seats and 7-inch color touchscreen.
- Custom features a body-color styling theme, 20-inch painted aluminum wheels, LED signature taillamps and available integrated dual exhaust.
- Custom Trail Boss (new for 2019) adds off-road equipment to the Custom, including a 2-inch suspension lift and the Z71 Off Road Package with a locking rear differential, skid plates, Rancho shocks, 18-inch wheels, and Goodyear Duratrac off-road tires.
- LT features chrome accents on the bumpers, front grille and mirror caps, Chevrolet bowtie in the grille, LED reflector headlamps and signature daytime running lights. The interior features an 8-inch color touchscreen, and available leather seating surfaces.
- RST (new for 2019) brings a street-performance appearance to the LT, with body-color trim, full LED lighting (foglamps, headlamps, and taillamps), and up to 22-inch wheels with all-season tires.
- LT Trail Boss (new for 2019) adds off-road equipment to the LT, including a 2-inch suspension lift and the Z71 Off Road Package, including locking rear differential, skid plates, Rancho shocks, 18-inch wheels, and Goodyear Duratrac off-road tires.
- LTZ features chrome accents on the bumpers, front grille, mirror caps, door handles and hockey-stick beltline as well as power folding and heated outside rearview mirrors. Leather interior trim is standard equipment.
- High Country features an exclusive front grille design with two-tone chrome and bronze finish, body-color accents, plus chrome assist steps from wheel to wheel. It also includes the power up/down tailgate as standard equipment.
Start shopping for the truck that fits your needs and matches your priorities. The all-new 2019 Silverado 1500 will have a truck for everyone, so start shopping for the one that suits you best today! See our in-stock models online now and then stop by for a test drive.
Images courtesy of Chevrolet Media