The Ford brand is synonymous with reliability, durability, and strength. Here are some fun facts about Ford trucks you might not already know. If you’d like to know more about buying or leasing a Ford truck, shop our online inventory now and then schedule your test drive.
- The current F-series as we know it has been the bestselling truck for 39 consecutive years and for 34 of those years it was the best-selling vehicle overall in America
- The F-150 debuted in 1975 but the F-series that precedes it began in 1948 with the Ford Bonus-Built
- The Ford F-150 was the original monster truck in the ‘80s
- It wasn’t until 1959 that the original F-100 got factory four-wheel drive
- The truck bed is now all aluminum making the vehicle lighter but with all the same durability
- In 2000, Ford debuted a special Harley-Davidson Edition but there have been many, many special edition trucks
- All of the F-150s globally are assembled in two plants – one in Claycomo, Mo. and one in Dearborn, Mich.
- The front bumper was the longest running unchanged component for the entire F-series from 1959-1979
- In the mid-60s, trucks could be bought already set up to hold a camper – for the active family!
- Ford is the second largest family-owned company in the world with a great grandson of Henry Ford still at the wheel today – William Clay Ford, Jr. is the resident executive chairman.
To see more trucks see our online inventory and pick out your next dream truck!