Holiday Road Trip Travel Tips
Every year, families and loved ones take to the roads to get together and share a meal, an afternoon, or as much quality time as possible. This year, take the time to prep your vehicle to make sure that the driver and passengers alike have an enjoyable and safe ride getting to your destination. There are plenty of pre-road trip checks that our Service Department can help you with and will diagnose any potential issues for you so you can have them taken care of before they become trouble. Contact us today to set up a time to come in and get your vehicle serviced!
Before starting your journey, here is a list of best practices by the AAA to help you have the safest and most enjoyable road trip this holiday season:
- Ensure your vehicle is properly maintained. If maintenance is not up to date, have your car and tires inspected before you take a long drive. Schedule your service with us now!
- Map your route in advance and be prepared for busy roads during the most popular times of the year. If possible, consider leaving earlier or later to avoid heavy traffic.
- Keep anything of value in the trunk or covered storage area.
- If you’re traveling with children, remind them not to talk to strangers. Go with them on bathroom breaks and give them whistles to be used only if the family gets separated.
- Have roadside assistance contact information on hand, in case an incident occurs on the road.
- In case of an emergency, keep a cell phone and charger with you at all times. AAA and many other companies offer smartphone applications that enable motorists to request help without making a phone call.
To know that you’re getting the best service on your pre-road trip check-up, bring your car, truck or SUV to our Service Center where our ASE certified technicians are ready to help you get your car in tip-top shape. Not only will we follow the guidelines of the AAA, but also take care of our own extensive list of items to check. We:
- Check tire pressure and tread depth to make sure you’ll have optimal traction
- Replace wiper blades so your visibility is crystal clear
- Top up all fluids so your drive feels like breeze
- Test the battery so the cold doesn’t affect your trip
Stop by today to talk to a technician about any concerns you might have with your vehicle or just to have your questions answered. You can make an appointment now and start prepping for your big road trip today. Our team is ready and waiting to help!
Images courtesy of Shutterstock